2. About this Policy
3. Your rights and your preferences: Giving you choice and control
4. Controllers of Personal Information
5. Types of information we gather
7. Sharing your personal data
8. How Secure is Information About Me
9. Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites
10. What Information Can I Access?
11. What Choices Do I Have?
13. How to contact us
Effective as of 1 Jan 2021
Thank you for choosing Future Proof Your Business!
At Future Proof Your Business, we want to give you the best possible experience to ensure that you enjoy our service today, tomorrow, and in the future. To do this we need to understand your learning habits so we can deliver an exceptional and personalized service specifically for you. That said, your privacy and the security of your personal data is, and will always be, enormously important to us. So, we want to transparently explain how and why we gather, store, share and use your personal data – as well as outline the controls and choices you have around when and how you choose to share your personal data.
2. About this Policy
This Policy sets out the essential details relating to your personal data relationship with Future Proof Your Business Limited. The Policy applies to all Future Proof Your Business services and any associated services (referred to as the ‘Future Proof Your Business Service’).
From time to time, we may develop new or offer additional services. If the introduction of these new or additional services results in any change to the way we collect or process your personal data we will provide you with more information and additional terms or policies. Unless stated otherwise when we introduce these new or additional services, they will be subject to this Policy.
The aim of this Policy is to:
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with.
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us in order to give you a great experience when you are using the Future Proof Your Business Service, and
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
We hope this helps you to understand our privacy commitments to you. For information on how to contact us if you ever have any questions or concerns, then please see the ‘How to Contact Us’ section 13 below. Alternatively, if you do not agree with the content of this Policy, then please remember it is your choice whether you want to use the Future Proof Your Business Service.
3. Your rights and your preferences: giving you choice and control
You may be aware that a new European Union law, called the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR,” gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, we have implemented additional transparency and access controls in our Manage Subscriptions centre to help users take advantage of those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of Access: the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you.
- Right to Rectification: the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: the right to request that we delete your personal data.
- Right to Restrict: the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data.
- Right to Object:
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation.
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Data Portability: the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making: the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
In order to enable you to exercise these rights with ease and to record your preferences in relation to how Future Proof Your Business uses your personal data please contact us by emailing to email@example.com.
4. Controllers of personal information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by Future-proof-your-business.com is controlled by Future Proof Your Business Limited (together the data controller). Future Proof Your Business Limited of 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor, London W1W 7LT acts as data processor on behalf of the data controller.
5. Types of information we gather
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at Future-proof-your-business.com and its other sites such as landing pages. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather:
Information you give us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising the Future Proof Your Business experience for you, improving our website/ apps, and communicating with you.
Automatic information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Future-proof-your-business.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Future Proof Your Business on other websites.
Mobile: When you download or use apps created or used by Future Proof Your Business and, where applicable, have requested or consented to location services, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as search results, and other personalised content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. We may also use your mobile to invite you to our community groups or remind you about a booked appointment or a call such as webinars or group programmes.
E-mail communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Future-proof-your-business.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your subscriptions through the manage subscriptions page.
Information from other sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
6. What about cookies?
- Recognising you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalised content, recognise you as a Mentor, Leader, Partner, Investor or member, enable you to use 1-Click purchasing, and provide other customised features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honour your likes and dislikes.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping cart.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Future Proof Your Business’s content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on Future Proof Your Business sites and third-party sites.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyse the performance of our services.
Future Proof Your Business cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Future-proof-your-business’s essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any Future Proof Your Business products and services that require you to sign in.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
7. Does Future-proof-your-business.com share the Information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Future Proof Your Business shares customer information only as described below or as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice.
- Mentor and partner businesses we do not control: We work closely with mentor businesses. In some cases, these businesses operate stores at Future-proof-your-business.com. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services or sell product lines jointly with or on behalf of these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third party service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering courses, events, trainings, projects, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Promotional offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Future Proof Your Business customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Protection of Future Proof Your Business and others: We release accounts and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Future Proof Your Business, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
8. How secure is information about me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
9. What about third-party advertisers and links to other websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Websites.
10. What information can I access?
Future Proof Your Business gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Future Proof Your Business for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
11. What choices do I have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of Future Proof Your Business features.
If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Subscription option at the footer of the email, or please drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Unsubscribe’ as the subject header.
If you don’t want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalise advertisements we display to you, please drop us an email on email@example.com with the request.
12. Are children allowed to use Future Proof Your Business.com?
Future Proof Your Business doesn’t promote products to children or children’s products for purchase by adults. If you’re under 18, you may use Future-Proof-Your-Business.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
13. How to contact us
Future Proof Your Business Limited